A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Health, Safety & Environment Officer – Manufacturing & Production (m/f/d)
We have an opportunity for an experienced, hands-on, and curious HSE professional to join our HSE team. This team’s goal is to foster a safe and healthy occupational environment for everyone at Lilium, as we work towards our mission to achieve the highest aviation health, safety, and environmental standards.
This is a varied role where you will be coordinating, supporting, and advising the business on all aspects of Health, Safety, and Environmental management. Establishing and managing standards, processes, communications, training, and systems, you will make sure HSE responsibilities across Lilium are adhered to, delivering a safe working environment.
Your day to day:
- Developing risk assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Design training programs to provide safety awareness education.
- Develop and implement HSE policies, processes and procedures.
- Design and deliver strategies to reduce incidents or accidents.
- Collaborate in accident/incident investigation and analyses.
- Support developing, implementing, and monitoring the success of HSE campaigns and projects.
- Drive the development of HSE inspection checklists.
- Support in the development of the Lock out / Tag out Program.
- Serve as HSE subject matter expert, providing information to management about HSE-related performance and issues. Keep management updated about the effectiveness and compliance of the HSE systems.
- Own HSE regulations, encourage safe working practices, and correct obvious hazards immediately.
- Drive the ongoing efforts in hazardous material management.
- Develop machine safety guidance and proper documentation.
- Conduct audits and on-site inspections, including reports with subsequent required measures.
We are looking for an experienced HSE officer with a background working within the automotive or aviation industries or closely related manufacturing and engineering sectors for 5+ years. A hands-on, execution-focused professional, you will enjoy collaborating across functions and working with diverse teams.
We require a deep understanding of HSE European (preferably German) rules and regulations along with the following:
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering, or relevant field.
- Valid certification in Occupational Health and Safety (SIFA is a plus but not mandatory).
- Machine safety expertise is preferred.
- Experienced with relevant ISO and DIN standards (ISO 45001, ISO14001, 9001, 27001).
- Certification or familiarity with the Occupational HSE interfaces to Aviation (product) Safety is preferable.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- English language fluency is required.
Want to know more? Then view our ‘Why join Lilium’ page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
|BG-HM: Berufsgenossenschaft Holz und Metall