Webseite Amazon EU SARL
EU Construction Health & Safety Manager, EU Design & Construction H&S Team
Standortuebergreifend | Vollzeit| Internet und Informationstechnologie
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
One focus area of the Amazon Construction Health & Safety mission is to provide tools, resources, and environment that support safe, efficient, and healthy behaviours and encourage proactive management of health, safety and well-being. This individual will play a critical role to ensure high standards of safety are adhered to across all construction projects in the EU and help establish expectations to manage H&S compliance within existing contractual agreements.
We are seeking to strengthen our team of Design & Construction Safety professionals to support the execution of our growing EU Construction Safety Management program. The role will influence site safety initiatives and safety metric tracking across our vast array of construction facilities with the aim of expanding the Amazon network safely.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of central Health & Safety pro-active objectives and be responsible for developing, updating and maintaining the Construction safety Information System. The role will require knowledge of EU Construction safety standards, to meet European country requirements. Emphasis will be on sound safety principles, basic construction knowledge and the ability to engage with cross functional teams, transforming this knowledge into sound, compliant processes for the EU network. The individual will provide a functional working link to critical customer including: Design & Construction, Operations Engineering, Start-up, Launch, Reliability Maintenance Engineering, Procurement, Real Estate and Workplace Health & Safety.
This is an important safety role and will report directly to the Head of EU Construction Health & Safety. Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Germany with up to 50% of time traveling either domestically or to other EMEA countries.
Key job responsibilities The extent of your duties will include:
• Support project managers in follow-up of serious incidents and near misses.
• Ad hoc site visits to perform observations, support construction managers or participate in other site-based activities.
• Support construction safety contractor management outreach.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly WHS performance reports.
• Engage with WHS construction and launch managers to provide field support, as needed.
• Monitor and update changing regulations and industry trends that may influence the EU Construction Contractor Safety program.
• Support the collation of weekly, monthly and quarterly business updates of KPI’s.
• Support construction and project managers establish and maintain effective work relationship with developers, general contractors and subcontractors.
• Provide real-time assistance to field team to ensure the compliance with local legislations and H&S requirements.
• Conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
• Plan, implement, and conduct preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
• Plan, implement, manage, and maintain comprehensive safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
• Provide project management team/ onsite team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfils industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
• Guarantee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
• Provide safety technical support to project managers.
• Report the status of projects and performances to business leaders.
• Participate in team meetings and provide regular on-site project presence on demand.
• Ensure a data-oriented assistance approach throughout the overall project lifecycle.
• Assist the field team to ensure the amazon construction operations meets the country specific H&S requirements.
• Run the deep dive assessment within the business and identify the need of developing new standards, Sop’s, guidelines etc., to support the management system.
• Liaise with the assurance/field/other internal and external stakeholders and identify the need of standard amendments and new developments to capture the latest requirements and any lessons learnt as applicable.
• Support the development of solutions that meet Amazon high standards for safety, risk reduction, customer satisfaction, efficiency, scalable, simplicity, and operational excellence.
• Engineering degree, occupational Health & Safety Management degree or experience in a similar role.
• Comprehension and practical application of risk assessments.
• Demonstrable record of managing construction safety across large multi-site businesses.
• Experience interacting with cross functional teams.
• Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU Health and Safety strategies and change processes.
• Used to operating at all levels of the organization from warehouse floor to senior management.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer-based tools to support system engineering and briefing/proposal development activities.
• Project management skills
• Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent.
• Solid English verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
• Experience interacting with cross functional teams and managing projects with minimal supervision
• CMIOSH certification is preferred.
• Country specific legal awareness, such as Italian, Spanish, German or French.
• Proficiency in German, French, Polish, Arabic are considered preferred qualification.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Um sich zu bewerben, müssen Sie eingeloggt sein.