Webseite Bayer CropScience AG
Environmental Safety Manager (m/w/d)
What you will be doing:
- Lead and coordinate globally environmental safety assessments of active ingredients and their respective end-use products, and interact interdisciplinary across key interfaces and regions
- Understand in detail frequently changing global regulatory requirements and scientific developments in environmental safety and anticipate future trends
- Provide expertise in the environmental safety area (ecotoxicology, environmental modelling, e-fate, metabolism, and safety assessment) by contributing to the development of new technologies and sustainable environmental assessment concepts
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary internal and external scientific projects to tackle emerging concerns in the environmental arena, draw conclusions on the impact and find sustainable solutions which meet regulatory expectations, and which also take the societal acceptance concerns into account
- Push towards a sophisticated characterization of the mode of action of compounds in all environmentally relevant dimensions and co-develop a sound mechanistic understanding together with environmental safety experts, based on state-of-the-art approaches and by considering future perspectives
- Ensure that all data required for global (re-)registration of our active substances and products meet the quality demands of Bayer and of authorities, likewise, in a timely manner
What you bring to the table:
- Completed Master’s degree in the field of natural sciences, e.g. chemistry, biology, ecology, toxicology, agricultural science, computational science, preferably with Ph.D.
- Several years of experience in the techno-regulatory area of crop protection products, and good knowledge in either ecotoxicology, environmental fate, exposure or effect modeling, metabolism, precision agriculture, hypothesis-based mechanistic R&D and/or any other field of modern agriculture
- Excellent grasp of ecological and ecotoxicological contexts, managing global projects in cross functional, highly qualified expert teams is not new to you
- Team player with strong communication skills, open-minded, goal-oriented, with a focused working style
- Ability to coordinate activities of expert teams within the Environmental Safety Function, also by actively developing and motivating team members in an extremely dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to defend environmental risk assessments in negotiations with international regulatory authorities
- Fluency in English is mandatory
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations, and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas, and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Um sich zu bewerben, müssen Sie eingeloggt sein.