Webseite Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Schienenfahrzeuge GmbH
Hanover / Pennsylvania (US-PA), United States | BRAND: Sheppard | REQUISITION ID: 2530 | JOB GRADE: 18
Founded in 1937, R.H. Sheppard Co. Inc. has a rich history of innovative design and American manufacturing excellence. Headquartered in Hanover, Pa., our dedicated team of over 700 employees supply components for the trucking and transportation industry worldwide. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC and a proud member of Knorr-Bremse.
Whatever your career path – whether it’s product innovation through engineering, working directly with our customers, manufacturing quality products or supporting our business in some other way, Sheppard – a Bendix CVS Company – delivers. Visit us online at www.rhsheppard.com/careers
The Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) leader is responsible for implementing all the HSE programs at the RH Sheppard campus at Hanover, PA by ensuring compliance with corporate HSE requirements and governmental regulations. The ultimate goal is driving HSE excellence in all areas and are demonstrated by driving HSE improvements, tackling and implementing projects and initiatives. The HSE Manager must demonstrate a progressive leadership style to manage, coach and mentor a small staff and have uncompromising standards and is a collaborative team player, communicating professionally, and demonstrates accountability. Is open to new and innovative ideas and focuses on continuous improvement and brings a positive attitude to the workplace. He/she must have good communication skills, both written and oral and can work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with the ability to manage a complex workload.
Specific duties include:
- Development of annual programs to achieve corporate defined targets in safety and environmental performance.
- Conducts routine site review with leadership team to define site-specific HSE goals and monitor progress.
- Lead the implementation and execution of HSE processes, procedures and standards.
- Lead incident investigations (first aid, near misses, recordable, environmental and property damage) using a team-based approach to problem solving and six sigma tools to effectively implement corrective actions.
- Work and communicate with injured employees, medical professionals, claims staff and others to obtain the necessary information to make medical assessments in the best interest of employees and the company.
- Develop monthly awareness trainings and publications and deliver HSE training on regulatory, corporate-mandated and site-related procedures and measure their effectiveness for improvements including new employee orientation.
- Develop, implement and review an appropriate risk management and disaster recovery strategy to ensure the safety and protection of the sites and its occupants.
- Provide day-to-day technical HSE advice and consultation to employees and contractors.
- Facilitates/Leads joint employee-management EHS committees.
- Conduct job safety analysis, safety risk assessments, and ergonomics analyses of all manufacturing workstations and other site functions such as but not limited to: office, engineering test areas, maintenance, etc.
- Manages site Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, stormwater permits, RCRA and remediation programs.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with facility environmental permits and acts as a primary liaison with government inspectors.
- Develops and leads site specific HSE improvement initiatives such as waste reduction, injury avoidance and improved employee involvement.
- Provides prompt and complete communications with corporate HSE personnel regarding incidents and spills as required by corporate requirements.
- Conducts and documents routine EHS (including security) audits and inspections.
- Develop, implement, and manage emergency response programs including ensuring adequate training is conducted and drills completed.
- Manages the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste.
- Facilitates the return to work of injured workers and manages Worker Compensation claims.
- Drive and implement a total Safety Culture using behavior-based methodologies.
- Ensures environmental management system is maintained per ISO14001 and drives continuous improvement in environmental performance
- Identifies and execute projects to drive reduction in CO2 footprint and improvement in energy efficiency in line with the corporate climate action strategy
MINIUMUM KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND REQUIRMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety Health (Ergonomics) and Environment or a related technical field (engineering, industrial engineering)
- Certified in/or capable of obtaining certification in CPR, First Aid, AED, OSHA 30 Hour General Industry and Ergonomics, or EU-country based certification
- Knowledge in Management systems ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001), ISO26000 and other relevant. Ideally lead auditor in one of the standards
- Full knowledge of OSHA
- Good knowledge of country legislation
- Knowledge and skill in using a variety of computer software, including word· processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Skill in handling and prioritizing multiple projects and preparing and· maintaining accurate records, reports and files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent developed communication and interpersonal skills as a reliable active communicator
- Multiple language English as minimum5+ years of industrial work experience in a Safety and Environmental Health (Ergonomics) field as SHE site leader
- Flexibility in case of need (day and night)
Dealing with ambiguity
Building effective teams
Drive for results
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made.
Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
Occasional lifting maybe required.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made.
Occasional office noise in a cubicle open office environment.
Can be working in unsafe conditions
INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL INTERACTIONS
Corporate SHE Management
Bendix Employees and Managers
Interface with global SHE team
Third party auditors
What does Sheppard have to offer you?
– Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
– 401k Plan with Company matching
– Retirement Savings Plan
– Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
– Wellness Program and incentives
– Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
– Basic Life Insurance
– Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
– Short Term Disability
– Business Travel Accident Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
– Medical and Prescription insurance
– Dental insurance
– Vision insurance
– Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
– Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
– Long Term Disability
– Accident Plan
– Critical Illness Plan
– Hospital Indemnity Plan
Um sich zu bewerben, müssen Sie eingeloggt sein.